South County Walks: Outdoor community walks summer of 2021
South County Walks is a program in partnership with:
Thank you for your interest in walking in our community!
The City of Edmonds, City of Lynnwood, City of Mountlake Terrace, Edmonds Waterfront Center, and the Verdant Health Commission are back in the summer of 2021 to coordinate community walks, led by volunteers, for individuals and families. There will be four walks each week for eight weeks throughout the summer, and we hope you will join us.
Walks will typically be 2-3 miles and will take about an hour to complete. South County Walks is family-friendly and open to anyone interested, of all abilities. Once you have completed the one-time registration form online, you can drop in and participate on any walk with no RSVP required. Participate from one or all four sites and you will be entered to win a prize.
Please note our mask policy for South County Walks: The Secretary of Health’s mask order remains in place, which means that while masks are not required outdoors for people who are not fully vaccinated, we encourage they wear a mask in crowded outdoor settings where it’s hard to maintain physical distance. The walk sites will not collect vaccination information, and we are using the honor system for masking. We ask that you respect the location’s rules regarding masking if you need to enter the building.
When and where are the walks?
The walks will take place from July 12 through September 2, 2021.
Mondays in Lynnwood
- 6:00 p.m. (starts July 12, ends Aug. 30) – depart from and return to the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
- This walk will include city sidewalks and the path at Scriber Lake Park.
Tuesdays in Edmonds
- 9:30 a.m. (starts July 13, ends Aug. 31) – depart from and return to the Edmonds Waterfront Center, 220 Railroad Ave., Edmonds, WA 98020
- The routes will vary slightly each week, but the walk will always start at end at the Edmonds Waterfront Center with a portion of every walk taking place along the waterfront. Walks will include portions on paved paths or sidewalks and might also include trails, including the Edmonds Marsh Path and Sunset Avenue.
Wednesdays in Mountlake Terrace
- 9:30 a.m. (starts July 14, ends Sept. 1) – depart from and return to the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, 5303 228th SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
- The weekly route will include city sidewalks and paths surrounding the Evergreen Playfields.
Thursdays in Lynnwood
- 6:00 p.m. (starts July 15, ends Sept. 2) – depart from and return to the Lynnwood Recreation Center, 18900 44th Ave. W, Lynnwood, WA 98036
- Each walk will feature portions of Lynnwood’s Mesika Trail and city sidewalks. Lengths will vary and may include 2 loops of the same route.
Each walker must complete the registration form linked below prior to participating in their first walk. Once this step is complete, you may drop in for any walk throughout the program.
What are the prizes?
Stay tuned for updates on the available prizes.
Rules to Participate in Prize Drawing
- New for 2021: No incentive cards! Staff from each walk location will be onsite to check in each walker prior to the beginning of the walk. Your participation from that location will give you one entry into the prize drawings. For each location you walk from, you will have one entry, up to a maximum of four entries.
- Drawings will take place by September 17, 2021 at the Verdant Community Wellness Center and winners will be notified by phone or email.
- Entry into the prize drawing has no cash value.