REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
The Verdant Health Commission seeks a motivated and talented individual to actively work alongside the Marketing & Communications Manager to shape the future direction of the brand. To thrive in this role, you must be able to work independently and be a poised and confident communicator with enthusiasm for everything marketing, from copywriting to creative visuals to overall strategy to simply engaging with people, social platforms and in the community.
This is a part-time, 15-25 hours per week non-benefits eligible position that pays $25.39 per hour. The Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Digital Marketing and Communications Manager.
Summary of General Duties:
As a Marketing Assistant, you will be working closely with the Digital Marketing & Communications Manager, who will provide you with real hands-on projects and regular tasks that use social media platforms to promote and manage Vedant’s brand and image. The Marketing Assistant will be able to apply their marketing skills to weekly projects and gain the experience that will enhance their digital portfolio.
- Create and grow social media presence/profiles.
- Moderate comments across social media profiles.
- Maintain, post, and update social media profiles such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok etc., with appropriate and appealing content.
- Assist with the coordination of community events.
- Create and implement a social content editorial calendar to support specific and timely marketing campaigns.
- Assist with social media and customer satisfaction reporting and analytics.
- Assist in loading/producing stories and creating social media graphics.
- Help develop strategies for capturing target audience and current customer engagement.
- Assist with front office duties (doorbell entry) as needed when working onsite.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education:
- Excellent verbal, writing, and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Curious and eager to learn; always looking for ways to enhance their skills.
- Excellent communication, effective listening, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with high energy and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written instructions; interpret and present information effectively.
- Ability to anticipate challenges, take initiative and provide solutions to achieve department and organization objectives.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Confident user with digital camera and social media tools
- Adaptable to changing business situations and environments.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft 0365 applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with mail programs such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact etc…
- Occasional weekend and evening work to support community outreach events.
- Ability to be seated/standing for extended periods.
- Duties will be performed in-person office environment. Flexibility is needed as the environment may change over the course of employment.
- Submit resume and cover letter, along with access to an online portfolio if you have one.
- Successful candidates will need to provide 2-3 professional.
Verdant is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Verdant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request accommodation, please call (425) 582-8558.
Submit resume and cover letter to Kirk Mathis, Digital Marketing & Communications Manager. Kirk.email@example.com by November 29, 2023 for optimal consideration.