REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
SALARY: Hourly, $27.50 per hour to $39.27 per hour, depending upon qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: Non-exempt and benefits eligible position including medical, dental, short and long term disability, retirement plan.
JOB SUMMARY: The Fiscal Specialist reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for routine accounting duties in support of Verdant’s fiscal operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform day to day duties processing accounts payable, accounts receivable including posting of electronic receipts and disbursements into the ledgers.
- Process receipts and disbursements from third party administrators on properties
- Perform bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly ledger account reconciliations, prepare journal entries as needed.
- Maintain the fixed asset schedules of the district, recording additions, dispositions, and depreciation entries.
- Input property rent receipts and expense disbursements to ledger, review and reconcile reports from property management team.
- Support the Director of Finance in the month end/year end close and reporting process, including special reports as needed.
- Support the Director of Finance in preparation for annual external financial statement and State Auditor’s Office (SAO) audits.
- Support the Director of Finance in the annual budgeting process.
Payroll and Personnel (10%)
- Coordinate biweekly payroll processing with external payroll service provider.
- Receive and process employee time electronically, ensure accurate payroll processing, extract reports, and prepare biweekly journal entry.
- Serve as a consultant to staff to help them understand timekeeping system, leave calculations, and benefit enrollments.
- Maintain accurate and compliant employee records, monitor payroll system and reporting for updates and changes.
- Support the Director of Finance with any benefit administration renewals, census preparation and staff communications.
Grant Fiscal Administration (10%)
- Coordinate ACH remittance of grant disbursements.
- Maintain grant disbursement records and reconcile with grants management software (Verdant uses Fluxx).
- Assist in the fiscal due diligence and quarterly budget tracking, in coordination with the Grant Manager.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
- To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit or stand at a desk for extended periods, and use office equipment, including phones, computer keyboards, monitors, and scanners. Vision sufficient to view, interpret and prepare financial records and spreadsheets. Individuals must be able to engage Verdant staff, partners, and vendors over the phone, electronically and in-person. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential position functions.
- There may be limited local travel requirements to meet business needs such as banking, property site visits or meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technical or AA degree in Accounting, bookkeeping or related field or equivalent training accounting-related training.
- Three or more years experience in an equivalent role
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered.
- Demonstrated success in meeting recurring deadlines, providing accurate work products, and effective problem solving
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Proficient in various applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- QuickBooks experience preferred but other accounting or ERP software experience acceptable
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently when required, prioritize workflow and meet recurring deadlines
- An abiding commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all forms
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong sense of integrity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Team members will be required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State laws. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
The Verdant Health Commission does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Although not mandated, The Verdant Health Commission is a 100% vaccinated workforce. We model healthy behavior that we encourage the residents of South Snohomish County to follow.
For optimal consideration please submit your resume, cover letter, and employment application no later than January 9th, 2023 to: Kara Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Screening Interviews will be held the week of January 23, 2023 with in person interviews the week of February 6, 2023.