Case Management Services

Community Social Worker

Verdant’s Community Social Worker (VCSW) provides free care coordination for clients in South Snohomish County with multiple health and social service needs.

The case management model can fill or bridge service gaps for more complex client needs, ensuring privacy and the use of best practices. The VCSW works collaboratively with clients and their providers, assessing barriers, and providing support for both short-term and long-term needs. Case Management Services are available to residents within Verdant’s service area.

What services are available to clients?

  • Case management for physical health issues, mental health concerns, and substance use disorders that are present along with basic needs.
  • Support with system navigation.
  • Help to remain compliant with care plans.
  • Support to reach client goals.
  • Guidance to enhance existing client skills.
  • Regular meetings to discuss progress.

What services are available to providers?

  • Consultations to discuss referral opportunities.
  • Brokering partnerships with other social service and healthcare organizations.
  • Open communication regarding client care plans and VCSW’s involvement

Who is eligible?

  • Individuals with multiple health and/or social service needs.
  • Clients committed to fully participating in Case Management Services, including a readiness to engage and to take the lead with support from the VCSW.
  • Individuals who reside in or are supported by services in Verdant’s area.


For more information regarding Case Management Services, contact Nancy Budd, MSW, Verdant Community Social Worker, at or (425) 967-6041.


Basic Needs Referrals & Information

Not all clients need Case Management Services. Visit or call the Volunteers of America North Sound 2-1-1 Community Resource Advocate located at Verdant for assistance with basic needs, including rent or utility assistance, food and community meals, emergency shelter, and other basic needs. For more information, call (425) 582-8970 or dial 2-1-1 directly for help. Visit our 2-1-1 Community Resource Advocate page for details.