UPDATE (Jan. 15, 2020):
Verdant is also closed on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020 due to snow, ice, and unsafe conditions. All daytime and evening classes, programs, and services are canceled. Thank you for your understanding, and please stay warm and be cautious on the roads.
Do you wonder how we make this determination? Here is our policy on inclement weather:
Inclement Weather Policy
Verdant makes every effort possible to keep the Community Wellness Center and its programs running during periods of inclement weather. Operating decisions are based on weather alerts, road and school closings, and the ability of the staff and the public to travel and operate the facility safely.
For All Classes (Youth and Adult):
- If the Edmonds School District has cancelled school due to inclement weather, all daytime and evening classes and facility use is cancelled.
- If the Edmonds School District has a delayed start due to inclement weather:
- We will cancel all morning classes and facility use.
- A decision regarding afternoon and evening classes and facility use will be determined by 10 a.m. by Verdant’s Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Verdant will make its best efforts to finalize a decision by 3 p.m. Friday related to cancellations for Saturday classes and facility use.
Please feel free to contact our Community Wellness Center at (425) 582-8600 for any questions on class cancellations or modification during operating hours regarding inclement weather.
UPDATE (Jan. 14, 2020):
Verdant is also closed on Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2020 due to additional snow, ice, and unsafe conditions. All daytime and evening classes, programs, and services are canceled. Thank you for your understanding, and please stay safe!
On Monday, Jan. 13, 2020, the Verdant Community Wellness Center is closed due to unsafe weather conditions. All classes, programs, and services will not take place as previously scheduled. Please stay safe and warm!