The Verdant Health Commission is now accepting funding proposals through its Building Healthy Communities Fund. The purpose of the fund is to support projects in South Snohomish County that create long-lasting community health improvements. Verdant is specifically seeking projects that address two priorities:
- Projects that increase opportunities for residents to live active and healthy lives, or
- Projects that significantly increase the capacity/service level in high-need areas such as behavioral health, dental, access to healthcare or health & wellness services for seniors.
Verdant is seeking projects that:
- Can measure specific results and community health or wellness improvements as a result of the project. Verdant has a preference for projects that can demonstrate improvements in health or wellness, rather than just raw usage numbers.
- Include cooperation between multiple organizations or jurisdictions.
- Leverage other funding sources.
- Have a clear plan for ongoing maintenance and/or sustainability.
Application materials can be found on Verdant’s website: http://verdanthealth.flywheelsites.com/about-us/grant-information/. Questions may also be directed to George Kosovich at 425-582-8572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting an application is Thursday, June 30th, 2016 at 5 p.m. Verdant will hold an information session describing the funding availability on Wednesday, June 1, 2016 from 10:00-11:30 a.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center in Lynnwood (4710 196th Street SW, Lynnwood).
Applicants are not required to attend the information session to apply for funding. In addition to this opportunity, Verdant continues to accept applications for its multi-year and one-time health and wellness programs on an ongoing basis.
Verdant funds a wide range of programs that empower people in South Snohomish County to make healthy decisions and get the care they need to stay well. For nearly half a century, we served the needs of our community by managing the local community hospital. We are now focused on investing in innovative programs that make a lasting impact on the health and well-being of South Snohomish County residents, with many free or low-cost education and prevention classes taking place at the Verdant Community Wellness Center in Lynnwood.
To improve the health and well-being of our community.
Building Healthy Communities Fund: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of projects is Verdant seeking to fund through its Building Healthy Communities Fund, and how is this different from its other grant programs?
Verdant continues to review program applications for one-time or multi-year health and wellness programs focused on prevention, education & empowerment, access to healthcare, and policy & advocacy. The unique opportunity with the Building Healthy Communities Fund is that Verdant is seeking out larger projects that increase community capacity and are more permanent improvements. Verdant expects that projects funded through the Building Healthy Communities Fund will require significant improvements in community infrastructure and will provide long-term benefits for community members.
2. What is the application deadline?
The deadline for receiving complete applications is Thursday, June 30th, 2016 at 5 p.m. Applications and supporting materials must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
3. Is my organization eligible to apply?
Verdant will accept applications from non-profit and government organizations. We encourage collaboration; multiple organizations or jurisdictions working together on a project is preferred but not required.
4. Are there limitations on how the funds can be used?
Funds must be used to meet the health and wellness needs of South Snohomish County residents. Funds will not be awarded for the benefit of an individual person, for political or religious uses, to retire debt, or strictly for fundraising purposes.
5. Is there a minimum or maximum expected grant?
There is not a minimum or maximum award, but Verdant expects to fund more than one project through this funding availability. In total, Verdant expects to make $500,000 to $1 million total per year available for 2 or 3 years of funding.