BID PERIOD NOW CLOSED
A summary of bid results can be found in this worksheet.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
VERDANT HEALTH COMMISSION
Verdant Community Center Rehabilitation
Advertisement For Bids: February 14, 2014.
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Notice is hereby given that Verdant Health Commission will receive sealed bids for construction of the Verdant Community Center Rehabilitation. The bids of the above contract will be received at the Owner’s offices, at 3815 196th St. SW, Suite 136, Lynnwood, WA 98036 until March 14, 2014 at 1:00 P.M., PST. Bids will then be opened at 1:15 P.M. at the project site, located at 4710 196th Street SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036, at which time the bids will be opened and publicly read aloud.
SUMMARY OF WORK
Principal items of the project are:
- Significant renovation of an existing two story building with a below grade basement that totals 8,180 square feet.
- Work includes selective interior demolition, upgrades to the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire sprinkler, fire alarms, low voltage systems, along with interior tenant improvement construction and signage to support a new building use.
- Exterior building improvements include selective demolition, improvements to the exterior envelope, a new exterior vestibule and canopy.
- Site related work includes pavement work, relocation of a dumpster enclosure and some landscaping work.
- Work is outlined in the Contract Plans and Specifications.
- This is a public works project per RCW 39.04, and Washington state public bidding and contracting laws and regulations shall apply.
Each bid shall be in accordance with the Bid Documents. Bid Documents are available for viewing at Builders Exchange of Washington.
- Free-of-charge access to project bid documents (plans, specifications, addenda, and Bidders List) is provided to Prime Bidders, Subcontractors, and Vendors by going to www.bxwa.com and clicking on “Posted Projects”, “Public Works”, and “Verdant Health Commission”.
- This online plan room provides Bidders with fully usable online documents with the ability to: download, view, print, order full/partial plan sets from numerous reprographic sources, and a free online digitizer/take-off tool.
- It is recommended that Bidders “Register” in order to receive automatic e-mail notification of future addenda and to place themselves on the “Self-Registered Bidders List”. Bidders
- Bidders that do not register will not be automatically notified of addenda and will need to periodically check the on-line plan room for addenda issued on this project.
- Contact Builders Exchange of Washington at (425) 258-1303 should you require assistance with access or registration.
- Bidders are responsible for all costs related to preparing and submitting bids, and no financial or legal entitlement shall accrue to any bidder related to submitting a bid.
Bidders are encouraged to “register as Bidder” in order to receive automatic e-mail notifications of addenda and to be placed on the “Bidders List”. All bid proposals shall be submitted on the Proposal form(s) contained in the separately bound Bid Proposal Package included in the Bid Documents.
Bidders and/or contractors are notified to examine thoroughly the bid instructions, form of Contract, Drawings, and Specifications. If there are any doubt of obscurity as to the meaning of same, intending bidders or contractors should ask the Architect for an explanation.
Questions are to be submitted to the Architect by March 3, 2014 at 1:00 P.M. One addendum will be issued by the Architect on March 7, 2014 that will address all proposed questions.
- Ankrom Moisan Architects, Inc.
- Molly Wolf, Associate AIA, LEED AP
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRE-BID SITE VISIT
A mandatory Pre-Bid Site Visit will take place on February 25, 2014 at 1:00 P.M., at the project site located at 4710 196th Street SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036. Members of the design team will be present.
BID PROPOSAL DEPOSIT
Bid proposals shall be accompanies by a bid proposal deposit in the form of a cashier’s check or surety bond made payable to the Verdant Health Commission in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the amount of such base bid proposal.
Bid bonds shall be in a form satisfactory to the Owner.
Should the successful Bidder fail to enter into the Contract and furnish satisfactory payment and performance bond within 10 calendar days of notification of Contract award, the bid proposal deposit shall be forfeited to the Verdant Health Commission. When the contract is awarded and executed, the bid proposal deposits will be returned to the Bidders.
Verdant Health Commission reserves the right to reject any and all bids, and to waive any minor irregularities or informalities in its sole discretion. No Bidder may withdraw its bid after the hour set forth for the opening of the bids. Verdant Health Commission reserves the right to consider all relevant information submitted and/or received in determining the lowest responsible bid, including but not limited to, the dollar amount of the bid and the total costs to Verdant Health Commission (direct or indirect), the accessibility and availability of the Bidder, prior Work by the Bidder on comparable projects, references from other public or private agencies, and, any other factors that have reasonable bearing on Verdant Health Commission’s determination of the lowest responsible bid.
No Bidder may withdraw its bid within 60 days after the actual opening thereof.
Dates of publication in the Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce and Everett Herald, February 14, 2014 and February 21, 2014.
END OF ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS