This 5-part series is a nutrition-focused diabetes self-management support program for adults living with type 2 diabetes and their support person (ex. spouse, partner, caregiver). Each session includes information and hands-on activities about managing stress, the role of physical activity, and foods you can eat each day to manage your diabetes.
The classes are led by a Registered DIetitian Nutritionist. Note, this class is not designed for people newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. They should participate in diabetes education with a health professional prior to taking this class.
The program consists of five interactive sessions on the following topics:
- Food is Love – How dies food relate to relationships and social settings?
- Nutrition 101 – Learn about the connection with specific nutritents and blood glucose
- Shopping & Cooking – Hear about healthy swaps, tips and tricks and cooking on a budget
- Eating Out & Special Occasions – Tips to stay on track when dining out and attending functions
- Three-Month Reunion – Reconnect to share successes & challenges, get answers to questions and reinforce new healthier habits
The free series takes place on Tuesdays: September 4, 11, 18, 25 and December 11, 2018 (participants must attend all sessions) from 6-7 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
This American Diabetes Association program is offered by the Verdant Health Commission
For More Information or to Register:
Visit the registration website or call (425) 582-8600.
Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood