Did you know that 1 out of 3 people in the U.S. have pre-diabetes and 90% of them don’t even know it? They often don’t feel any symptoms but are at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
Join us to learn the facts. Using a simple survey, calculate your risk and hear from Registered Dietitian Nutritionists how lifestyle changes in nutrition and physical activity habits can prevent or delay Type 2 Diabetes. Participate in multiple activities to learn what you can do to cut the risk of getting Type 2 Diabetes in half:
- Learn how to lower your risk through lifestyle choices
- Sample healthy foods that reduce your diabetes risk and and take home new recipes to try
- Get a free A1C blood test* to determine if your blood sugar falls in the pre-diabetes range
- Meet with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to measure your weight and BMI to see if they influence your risk for diabetes
* Free A1C Blood tests will be limited to the first 35 people who meet simple eligibility guidelines
(over age 25, no current diagnosis of diabetes, no A1C screening within the last year)
This free event takes place on Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
Sound Dietitians and the Verdant Health Commission
For More Information or to Register:
Visit the registration website or call (425) 582-8600.
Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th Street SW in Lynnwood