This “hands-on” cooking class is specifically for teens in middle and high school (ages 11-17). Join Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Amy Reuter as we fill the kitchen with signature Indian flavors. Working in groups you will practice knife skills and refine blender, food processor, and cooking techniques to prepare the following:
- Tandoori Chicken with Vegetables
- Mango Lassi
- Lemon Turmeric Energy Balls
Note, this class has been carefully planned for small groups and the instructor counts on a full class. In order to provide a quality experience for everyone, please be certain that you will be able to participate before registering.
What To Expect: In Verdant’s hands-on cooking classes, teens work together with other participants in a fun environment led by Registered Dietitian Nutritionists who can teach you how to prepare and enjoy delicious, healthy and flavorful foods.
- Class is 2 hours long – you will be standing much of the time and cooking
- Hands-on classes are limited to a minimum of 8 and maximum of 16 participants
- You will work with other participants in groups of 3-4
- Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes and tie back long hair
- You will enjoy a tasty sample of every dish
This free class takes place on Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 1-3 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
Seattle Food Nut and the Verdant Health Commission
For More Information or to Register:
Visit the registration website or call (425) 582-8600.
Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th Street SW in Lynnwood