Do you think raising kids today is a lot different than when you were a child or when your parents were children? Well, you’re right. Role models have changed since the 1950’s where children were often “seen but not heard.”
Positive Discipline effectiveness extends to any child from the “terrible twos” to a “defiant teen” so they can be supported in becoming respectful, cooperative, and responsible. This is an opportunity to practice for the skills necessary to feel more confident in the parenting arena.
- You find yourself doing a lot of talking and feel your children aren’t listening,
- Continue to deal with the same misbehavior over and over,
- Have concern that your children are out of control,
- Feel that parenting is too much work, or
- You are interested in putting an effective, practical parenting approach to work in your family
Positive Discipline will help you (among many other things):
- Create an atmosphere of cooperation and mutual respect in your home
- Minimize sibling rivalry
- Reduce power struggles (such as homework, screen time, chores, etc.)
- Understand the belief behind the behavior
- Help children achieve self-discipline and problem-solving skills
- Be more effective as a parent and have fun in the process
This free series takes place every Thursday from July 18 to August 29, 2019 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
Childcare is available (space limited) for children ages 2-11 years only. This series is led by instructor Ken Becker.
Ken Becker and the Verdant Health Commission
For More Information or to Register:
Visit the registration website or call (425) 582-8600.
Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th Street SW in Lynnwood