UPDATE March 18, 2020:
The Verdant Community Wellness Center is currently CLOSED.
Due to the continued risk of COVID-19, the Verdant Community Wellness Center will be closed through April 30, 2020. All programs and services have been cancelled through this date and may be rescheduled at a later time.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will make decisions regarding our re-opening date in late April. For more information, visit the webpage: Verdant closure in response to COVID-19 through April 30.
- Do you want to feel better, look better, and lose weight?
- Are you at risk for heart disease or other chronic illnesses?
- Are you looking for support, structure, and advice from a nutrition professional?
- Are you interested in how to use Mediterranean foods for better health?
If you said yes to any of these questions, this program may be for you!
Verdant’s Mediterranean for Life program is based on the Mediterranean Diet, a plant-centered, anti-inflammatory diet. This eating pattern promotes health, prevents many chronic illnesses, and is highly recommended by physicians. The program is run by a registered dietitian nutritionist and is based on research done by the University of North Carolina, a CDC Prevention Research Center.
Mediterranean for Life program details:
- 6 group sessions focused on healthy eating, exercise, and changing lifestyle habits.
- Program features a culinary demo, weekly recipes, and food samples.
- Each session includes personal goal setting and strategies to fit your needs.
- This series starts April 9, 2020 from 1-2:30pm and meets weekly until May 14, 2020.
- Program fee is $35 per person (scholarships available) and includes a comprehensive manual.
This program takes place on six (6) consecutive Thursdays: April 9, 16, 23, 30, May 7 and 14, 2020 from 12:30-2 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036. The price per person is $35.00 (scholarships available — see below for details).
Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Registration must meet a minimum of 10 participants or class will be cancelled and monies refunded.
Verdant Health Commission
For More Information or to Register:
Visit the registration website or call (425) 582-8600.
Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th Street SW in Lynnwood