Join an exercise professional to learn how to start strengthening your core. Your core includes all of the muscles in the middle and upper back, stomach, pelvis, glutes, and hips. Stronger muscles allow better mobility and are essential for doing everyday tasks. Strengthening the core muscles helps to prevent injuries, manage and reduce back pain, increase balance and stability, and improve posture and functional movement.
Learn how to exercise your core in this Exercise Demo Class, and why it’s important to keep it strong. You’ll be doing standing, sitting, and lying-on-your-back exercises when you try these exercises. The instructor will demonstrate and walk you through each exercise so you can practice them in class to ensure correct body position. You will receive handouts that will help you continue to do the exercises at home.
What to Expect:
This is an exercise demonstration class. Participants in the program will learn from a Certified Exercise Professional and can expect to:
- Fill out paperwork prior to class participation
- Be seated for a short presentation about the health benefits of core strength
- Watch the instructor demonstrate core strength training moves that can be done at home
- Practice strength training moves to ensure correct body position and promote comfort in doing these at home
- Receive handouts to take home and continue to exercise your core muscles
This free class takes place on Monday, February 24, 2020 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
Sound Dietitians and the Verdant Health Commission
For More Information or to Register:
Visit the registration website or call (425) 582-8600.
Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th Street SW in Lynnwood