In this free 4-week program, taught by a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator, learn dietary strategies for everyday better blood sugar control. This interactive, small-group program is a refresher course* for adults diagnosed with diabetes who have already had formal diabetes education.
The program covers the following topics:
- Dietary strategies using real world activities such as: label reading, meal planning, identifying portions, and menu navigation.
- Strategies for shopping, eating out, and special events.
- How activity can impact blood sugar and practical strategies for using movement to improve your A1C.
- What your blood sugar checks can tell you and how to identify trends.
- Personalizing your dietary, activity, and monitoring routines for better control.
- Self-care and your daily routine – how medications, stress, and sleep can impact blood glucose.
* Please note: This class is not designed for adults newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Those individuals should participate in diabetes education with a health professional prior to taking this class.
A support person is welcome to register and attend with the person with diabetes.
This free program takes place on Wednesdays, November 6, 13, 20, 27, 2019 (participants should attend all sessions) from 1:30-3 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
Sound Dietitians and the Verdant Health Commission
For More Information or to Register:
Visit the registration website or call (425) 582-8600.
Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th Street SW in Lynnwood