In this free 4-week program, taught by an Registered Diabetes Nutritionist and Certified Diabetes Educator, learn dietary strategies for everyday better blood sugar control. This interactive, small-group program is a refresher course* for adults diagnosed with diabetes who have already had formal diabetes education.
The program is held in Verdant’s teaching kitchen and covers the following topics:
- Dietary strategies using real world activities such as: label reading, meal planning, identifying portions, and menu navigation.
- Tips for shopping, eating out, and special events.
- How activity can impact blood sugar and practical strategies for using movement to improve your A1C.
- What your blood sugar checks can tell you and how to identify trends.
- Personalizing your dietary, activity, and monitoring routine for better control.
- Self-care and your daily routine – how medications, stress, and sleep can impact blood glucose.
* Please note: This class is not designed for adults newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Those individuals should participate in formal diabetes education with a health professional prior to taking this class.
A support person is welcome to register and attend with the person with diabetes.
This free series takes place on Wednesdays: April 10, 17, 24, and May 1, 2019 (participants should attend all sessions) from 1:30-3 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th Street SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
Sound Dietitians and the Verdant Health Commission
For More Information or to Register:
Visit the registration website or call (425) 582-8600.
Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW in Lynnwood