The Verdant Health Commission considers applications for funding that are aligned with our mission of improving the health and well-being of our whole community.
In 2021, Verdant is launching a new process for grant funding, with details outlined below. At any time, organizations may reach out to Verdant’s Director of Community Impact & Grantmaking Zoe Reese with questions by emailing email@example.com or calling (425) 582-8572.
All funding opportunities must serve the residents of Verdant’s service area, as shown on the map below (click for detailed map).
- 2021 Emergency COVID-19 Funding — currently accepting — see below for details
- 2021 Health Program/Project Application — not currently accepting
- Building Healthy Communities Fund/Capital Application — not currently accepting
- Sponsorships and support for events — currently accepting — see below for details
2021 Emergency COVID-19 Funding
Verdant will be accepting concept papers on a rolling basis from organizations doing work in response to COVID-19 that are in support of the residents of our service area. This form is the first step to begin a dialogue with Verdant about how organizations can support COVID-related emergency needs. Verdant is interested in requests that address our priority areas and other emerging needs. Requests will be considered as submitted and staff will follow up to discuss.
2021 Health Program/Project Application for Funding
Verdant’s next application window for funding of multi-year health programs/projects will be for Quarter 3, Aug. 16-27, 2021. During the August application period, the process will be open to any community group or organization working to improve the health of our residents using the priority areas established by the Board of Commissioners.
For information about Verdant’s service area and funding priorities, please review the 2021 Q3 Verdant Application FAQs.
Required materials for Q3 2021:
- Q3 2021 Application FAQs – updated (.pdf)
- Q3 2021 Grant scoring guide (.pdf)
- Reporting template: Budget vs. actual (.pdf)
- Reporting template: Monthly/quarterly/annual outcomes (.pdf)
- Reporting template: Participant demographics (.pdf)
- YouTube video of recorded Q3 Q&A session
- Slides used during Q3 Q&A session (.pdf)
Applications will be accepted during 4 windows in 2021:
- February 15-26, 2021
- May 17-28, 2021
- August 16-27, 2021
- November 2021, details coming soon
We welcome feedback on the application process and encourage applicants to share with us directly or using this survey so we can continue to refine and improve our process.
Sponsorship & Event Support Request
Verdant provides financial support for community health and wellness events. Please use this Event Support Request Form (.docx) to have your event considered for funding.