The Verdant Health Commission considers applications for funding that are aligned with our mission of improving the health and well-being of our whole community.
In 2021, Verdant is launching a new process for grant funding, with details outlined below. At any time, organizations may reach out to Verdant’s Director of Community Impact & Grantmaking Zoe Reese with questions by emailing email@example.com or calling (425) 582-8572.
All funding opportunities must serve the residents of Verdant’s service area, as shown on the map below (click for detailed map).
- 2021 Health Program Application — currently accepting — see below for details
- 2021 Emergency COVID-19 Funding — currently accepting — see below for details
- Building Healthy Communities Fund/Capital Application — not currently accepting
- Sponsorships and support for events — currently accepting — see below for details
2021 Health Program Application for Funding
Verdant’s next application window for funding of multi-year health programs is now open for Quarter 4, Nov. 8-19, 2021. During the November application period, the process will be open to any community group or organization working to improve the health of our residents using the priority areas established by the Board of Commissioners. For information about Verdant’s service area and funding priorities, please review the links and materials below.
Required materials for Q4 2021 will be submitted using Verdant’s new Grant Portal.
We will no longer accept Word and Excel files submitted via email. The application materials, including narrative, budget, and outcomes, will be completed using the forms in our Grant Portal.
Grant Portal Resources for Q4:
- Multi-Year Health Program Funding Application Guide (.pdf)
- Outcomes Guide (.pdf)
- Budget Guide (.pdf)
- Document Uploads Guide (.pdf)
- Q4 Fluxx Office Hour schedule for assistance using Fluxx, Verdant’s new Grant Portal (.pdf)
- The narrative questions are available (.docx) outside the Grant Portal to help applicants prepare before beginning an application in the Grant Portal.
- Q4 2021 Q&A Session slides from Oct. 11, 2021 presentation (.pdf)
- Q4 2021 Q&A Session recording of Oct. 11, 2021 presentation
- Q3 2021 Application FAQs – updated (.pdf)
- Q3 2021 Grant scoring guide (.pdf)
- Reporting template: Budget vs. actual (.pdf)
- Reporting template: Monthly/quarterly/annual outcomes (.pdf)
- Reporting template: Participant demographics (.pdf)
Applications will be accepted during 4 windows in 2021:
- February 15-26, 2021
- May 17-28, 2021
- August 16-27, 2021
- November 8-19, 2021
We welcome feedback on the application process and encourage applicants to share with us directly or using this survey so we can continue to refine and improve our process.
2021 Emergency COVID-19 Funding
Verdant will be accepting concept papers on a rolling basis from organizations doing work in response to COVID-19 that are in support of the residents of our service area. This form is the first step to begin a dialogue with Verdant about how organizations can support COVID-related emergency needs. Verdant is interested in requests that address our priority areas and other emerging needs. Requests will be considered as submitted and staff will follow up to discuss.
Sponsorship & Event Support Request
Verdant provides financial support for community health and wellness events. Please use this Event Support Request Form (.docx) to have your event considered for funding.