South County Walks is a program in partnership with:
Thank you for your interest in walking in our community!
The City of Edmonds, City of Lynnwood, City of Mountlake Terrace, Edmonds Senior Center, the Verdant Health Commission, and Community Transit are joining together in the summer of 2017 to coordinate community walks, led by volunteers, for individuals and families. There will be 4 walks each week for 10 weeks (that’s 40 total chances to get outdoors and walk this summer!), and we hope you will join us. If you participate in 8 or more walks, you are eligible to win great prizes!
Walks will typically be 2-3 miles and will take about an hour to complete. South County Walks is family-friendly and open to anyone interested, of all abilities. This is a drop-in program, with no RSVP or advance registration required, and you can join in at any time.
Spring 2017 Update
We are currently recruiting volunteer walk leaders! If you love to walk and want a reason to get outside to move this summer, please consider attending our volunteer walk leader information session on Monday, June 12, 2017 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW in Lynnwood. Please RSVP to Sue Waldin, email@example.com or (425) 582-9412 if you plan to attend the info session. We will share information about how the walks work and the responsibilities of the walk leaders, and then provide time for attendees to sign up to lead walks.
Read below for more specific details about the walks, and join our Facebook group South County Walks to stay up-to-date! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 582-8600.
When and where are the walks?
The walks will take place from June 20 through August 29, 2017.
- Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. (starts June 20) – depart from and return to the Edmonds Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave, Edmonds, WA 98020
- Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. (starts June 22) – depart from and return to the Lynnwood Recreation Center, 18900 44th W, Lynnwood, WA 98036
- Mondays at 6:00 p.m. (starts June 26) – depart from and return to the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036.
- Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. (starts June 24) – depart from and return to the Mountlake Terrace Recreation Pavilion, 5303 228th SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
What are the prizes?
Come back to this site in early June to find out what the prizes will be this summer!
Rules to Participate in Prize Drawing
- Participants can obtain an incentive card at any of the walks hosted as part of South County Walks (see dates and locations listed above). At each walk they participate in, the walk leader can initial and date their card. Once the participant has completed 8 walks, the walk leader will collect the card to return to the Verdant Health Commission staff (located at the Verdant Community Wellness Center, 4710 196th SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036).
- Participants can complete more than one incentive card, if additional walks through South County Walks are completed. 8 walks = 1 card; 16 walks = 2 cards; 24 walks = 3 cards; 32 walks = 4 cards; 40 walks = 5 cards.
- It is up to each participant to keep track of and obtain walk leaders’ initials when they participate. Walk leaders are not responsible for reminding participants. The sign-in sheet for the walks cannot demonstrate participation in lieu of initials on the card.
- Participants must complete the back of the card to be eligible to win, providing their name, phone number, and email address. They also must select the one (1) prize they would like to be eligible to win. This ensures the winner of each prize is interested in using the chosen prize.
- Completed incentive cards will be collected regularly by the Verdant Health Commission staff members from each of the four walk sites and held at the Verdant Health Commission office.
- Drawings will take place during the week of September 4, 2017 at the Verdant Community Wellness Center and winners will be notified by phone or email.
- The South County Walks program partners (the Verdant Health Commission, the cities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, and Mountlake Terrace, the Edmonds Senior Center, and Community Transit) are not responsible for lost, forgotten, or stolen incentive cards.
- Incentive cards have no cash value.