Edmonds Family Medicine and the Snohomish County Health Leadership Coalition are offering a free class, “Your Life, Your Wishes,” focused on advance care planning. All of the dates listed below will meet at Edmonds Family Medicine (7315 212th St. SW, Ste. 101, Edmonds) and you can pre-register for any one of the following dates by contacting the clinic at (425) 775-9474:
- Tuesday, May 16 from 3-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 20 from 3-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 18 from 3-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 15 from 3-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 19 from 3-5 p.m.
While most Americans say they would prefer to live through the end of their lives at home, surrounded by friends and family, the reality is the exact opposite. More than 70 percent of Americans die in hospitals or nursing homes. Studies show that when people age 65 and older plan in advance with their doctors they are much more satisfied about their preferences for care through the end of their lives. They’re less anxious, feel more in control, and trust that their physicians understand their wishes.
By attending this class, you’ll learn:
- How your values and beliefs can guide your personal choices regarding medical care through the end of life.
- How to select the best person to speak for you in the event that you are unable to speak for yourself.
- What life sustaining treatments may be offered to you at the end of life and the pros and cons of each treatment.
- What forms you need to fill out and share with your doctor to document your choices.
Space for this class is limited. Please RSVP to the Edmonds Family Medicine reception at (425) 775-9474.
Edmonds Family Medicine in coordination with the Snohomish County Health Leadership Coalition
To Register or For More Information:
Call (425) 775-9474
Edmonds Family Medicine, 7315 212th St. SW, Ste. 101, Edmonds